Aliame - it's Latin for the 'One for Me'. At Aliame we weave truly artistic silver stories for you!
We know all you ladies like jewellery but, like us, most don't like jewellery stores and their same run of the mill designs. You seek designs that are different, truly creative and that tell a story making them one-of-a-kind! We look for signature styles which make us stand out from the milieu.
All our designs have a unique story behind them and are part of collections which draw inspirations from mystical Japanese art to the magnificence of space, from the depth of nature's glory to the beauty of dance.
Each piece is personally designed by Aliame's founder Divya Gupta. She is an expert jewellery designer who has also studied manufacturing and crafted her own hand-made pieces. She not only specialises in design but also manufacturing and it is this, in-depth understanding of the manufacturing nuances that help her create intriguing concepts which makes these designs truly one of a kind.
To maintain strict levels of exclusivity we will only make a limited number of pieces for each design so what you own stays ‘one in a million’.
- Quality: The quality of finishing on each of our pieces is of the highest standards. Silver is a soft material to work with compared to gold therefore most of the silver jewellery available today is of sub standard finishing.
- Our designs are intricate and delicate which makes it very tough to polish them to a point where they have a brilliant sheen. We achieve this by spending ample time to carefully polish each and every piece and also use specialised polishing machines in some cases.
- Even though these designs are 100% handcrafted, we place enormous importance on proportions, balance and symmetry for consistency.
- All our pieces are created from 92.5 sterling silver with rhodium and/or gold plating. Unlike other silver jewellery which tarnishes, the pieces from Aliame will retain their lustre for a long long time to come.
- Also our pieces will never cause any allergies to your skin because our Rhodium is Nickel free. It means we have to work harder to give our pieces that brilliant lustre but we are committed to your safety and therefore go the extra mile
- The Enamel we use in our jewellery is of the highest quality which is beautifully glossy and transparent and set in the metal unlike the enamel that you would see on commonly available silver and even on gold jewellery, which is like a blob of opaque colour simply glued on the surface.
- Packaging: Aliame's jewellery comes in a really beautiful elegant box which is perfect for gifting as well. These are specially custom designed to suit our design palette.
The inspiration for Aliame came from our desire to create exquisite jewellery which modern women would be proud to show off - whether at corporate presentations, at fashionable parties or just hanging out with friends. There were enough and more ethnic and traditional designs out there, but almost nothing when it came to international and contemporary designs to go with women’s increasingly modern outfits. Thus, Aliame was born with designs which resonate with your style sensibilities!
Founder, Divya Gupta spent more than 2 years studying design, computer aided design (CAD) and most importantly manufacturing, from Jewellery Product Development Centre, Delhi. She is also a certified Diamond Grader and Gemmologist from Gemmological Institute of India, Mumbai. In addition to her proficiency in jewellery, she holds an MBA in Marketing from NMIMS University.
She has a decade of experience in designing, overseeing manufacturing and marketing jewellery for a range of high end international clientele like Links of London and Erickson Beamon from London, Leslie Greene and other high end designers in US. She gathered this experience working with export houses in Mumbai which emphasised the importance of quality in jewellery.
Advisor, Ayan Ghosh is an MBA from IIM Lucknow who has over a decade of rich experience in Marketing and brings in valuable customer insight. He is also a mechanical engineer and helps bring forth inspirations from science and technology in our design. He is a guide and mentor who keeps us pushing.
Aliame is an offering from the Yellow Ripples Marketing Group. They also founded the brand 'Beyondinary.com' which showcases curated unique products. Ayan is a passionate writer who runs his own Marketing blog - YellowRipples.com so if you are looking for tips and tricks on Marketing then do check it out!